Derby Cathedral Quarter is a Business Improvement District (BID) with local businesses working together and with key partners to promote and improve the area for the benefit of everyone who lives, works and visits this iconic area.
During both periods of lockdown, the Cathedral Quarter BID has been a vital partner in the Derby Economic Recovery Taskforce’s overall work to ensure that the city centre has been safe for visitors and workers to return and initiatives have included:
- Ongoing daily patrols by the Cathedral Quarter Rangers who have a valuable role as ambassadors and the ‘eyes and ears’ around the Cathedral Quarter and the introduction during November of night time patrols by a security company employed by the BID
- Identification of pinch points and hot spot locations re. social distancing and working with businesses on queue management
- Installation of five sanitisation stations for public use
- Information bollard covers to help remind visitors to the area to socially distance themselves from others.
- COVID-19 Business Recovery support packs for our local businesses with social distancing floor stickers, tape and posters, hand sanitisers and handwashing instruction posters, washable face coverings and a Covid-safe checklist
- Additional cleansing in the area
- Traffic Management in hotspot locations
- Reduced car parking charges
- Sharing national guidance and best practice with local businesses
The Cathedral Quarter BID has therefore been an important vehicle to ensure all our local businesses are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities to keep staff and visitors alike safe in these uncertain times.
We all remain committed to ensure that the Cathedral Quarter is Covid-Safe and look forward to welcoming you back as we approach Christmas 2020.